Your body will only last about a week without food & water. After 7 days (give or take) you die. How about your soul? How long can it last before it dies?
I guess that’s sort of a trick question because a soul isn’t something that dies. Your soul will go on long after your body dies because it’s the eternal part of you. But, just because the soul cannot die, doesn’t mean it cannot be starved.
Just as we need 3 square meals a day, so also we need to cultivate soul-nourishing moments daily.
We feed our souls when we:
- Love another & allow yourself to be loved
- Sacrifice for someone else
- Read books that expand your mind
- Reflect on your thoughts, words, and deeds
- Stretch yourself in ways that make you uncomfortable
- Lead a disciplined life
- Open ourselves up to a Higher Power
If you have a choice between skipping a meal or an opportunity to nourish your soul, skip the former. Remember, the more we feed our souls, the more we come alive.